October 20, 2008

Excited for Disney World?


Here's the reaction we got from our kids about the first plane flight they're about to take to Disney World:

Alicia, age 14: "Everyone says their ears hurt on planes. Could we go deaf on the flight? I don't want to go, if it will make me go deaf."

Rex, who is slightly deaf: "I've flown a lot and it hasn't affected my hearing." (Alicia and I give each other knowing looks).

Me: "But really, you won't go deaf on the plane. We'll be fine. People go on planes all the time. No more worrying."

Rachel, age 12: "Well, I'm not worried. But if I were, I'd be worried that we would crash down and the plane would catch on fire, and my face would be melted off, and they'd have to carry me out on a stretcher, and..."

Me: "I'm so glad you're not worried, then."

3 comments:

  1. HA!! That is so funny. Didn't you have the same reaction when you saved all your money to take them to Disney land? I like Rachel's graphic description of what she's NOT scared of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the part that made us laugh the most, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hilarious! The whole thing is awesome! This makes me miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete