August 31, 2009

Advice?

How do you get kids to stop parenting each other? My two youngest LOVE to tell each other what to do. I tried punishing the offender with being bossed around for an hour by the kid they had bossed, but it only increased the desire to boss (yes, I know I should have see that one coming). Andrew started asking me, "When do I get to boss Megan around again?"

We have too many squaws and not enough papooses. And my repeated pleas to, "let me be the mother" go unheeded.
What should I do?

8 comments:

  1. try yelling at your kids all day long forever. that's what i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have too many papooses and not enough squaws. I think you should send the offenders to my house to boss boys around. It'd be such a break for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my teachers made his kids play RISK (or some other game that is very competetive) together nicely for 2 hours and practice behaving nicely to each other when they were being mean to each other. But, I don't know if that punishes the person being bossed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send one of them over here. Would that help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same problem. Caden manages Katie. Let me know if you discover anything creative that works. Happy Birthday to ANDREW!!!!! Love that kid! We've got a little something in the mail for him ;-) Sorry it is late, but that is just me. I hope it is a good and very happy day for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let me know if you find out about that. Also, how to curb talking back, sassyness, fighting, etc. It is running around like a contagious disease at my house. I don't know how much is Julio being gone and how much is being 10,8, and 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea. Really. No idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw, your comment on Sarah's JW blog was hilarious. Hilarious, my friend!

    ReplyDelete